COVID-19 UPDATE FROM THE CEO – NEIL WATTS
Posted 2 April 2020
As a result of nationwide Government restrictions aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19, Club Merrylands Bowling and Guildford Bowling were closed on Monday 23 March 2020. While it is in the interest of public health and safety, these closures have had further impacts on our Club community and employees.
Due to the uncertainty of when these government restrictions will be lifted and the recent announcement of the Federal Government financial package(s), we are working towards the best possible outcome to support and retain all of our valuable employees. During this time Club Merrylands Bowling Group is also committed to ensuring the welfare of all our employees.
As valued Members I also wanted to advise you of the current situation regarding your membership, reward points and promotions:
- Your membership bonus points will NOT expire
- If you are an Infinity card holder and would like to transfer your membership bonus points to your Infinity card, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9682 8000 to organise the transfer
- For those members whose birthday month occurs during the shutdown period, you will have the opportunity to redeem your Birthday vouchers when we re-open and be invited to attend the Birthday Treasure chest, draw date to be announced
- If you hold a prize voucher with an expiry date within the shutdown period, we will honour that voucher for the equivalent number of days on re-opening
- All valid entries in the OMG Win 1 of 2 MG3s promotion issued before 23 March are being held in the promotional barrels and will be deemed as valid. On re-opening, we will provide further detail regarding the reactivation of this promotions
- The Win a Vivid Dinner Cruise beverage promotion has been cancelled and all entries have been discarded
- For Members who joined the NRL Footy tipping Comp, all entry fees will be reimbursed. Please email email@example.com to receive further details
For regular updates from us, please keep in touch through our website and social pages:
On behalf of the Board and Management, thank you once again for your support. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
UPDATE FROM BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND CLUB MANAGEMENT
Posted 20 March 2020
At Club Merrylands Bowling Group our first priority is your health and safety. We have been taking steps to ensure risk is reduced and that Club Merrylands Bowling and Guildford Bowling Club have safe and hygienic spaces you can enjoy.
Adhering to the new measures for public safety announced on Wednesday 18 March 2020 in regards to a ban on all indoor, non-essential gatherings of more than 100 persons, your club offers a number of large areas, which allow for increased social distancing.
Our Management and staff are monitoring each area to ensure that there are no more than 100 persons at any given time. Should any area reach capacity, you may be directed elsewhere within our venues.
We have hand sanitiser located in all areas of both Clubs. We ask that all members and guests use the hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting the venue as well as use at all service points whilst in the venue. Members and Guests who approach the club with flu like symptoms will be refrained from entering in the interest of fellow members and guest’s safety.
We have increased cleaning of surfaces and thorough cleaning of club areas with staff working around the clock to ensure our Clubs maintain a high level of cleanliness. Extra attention is given to ensure that high use surfaces such as hand rails are thoroughly cleaned.
The Club has also implemented measures to ensure compliance with the government restrictions including suspending events and promotions effective immediately.
Food Choice Buffet Restaurant will close from Monday 30 March until further notice. Please be advised that Glasshouse Coffee Shop, Jade Café and Villaggio Restaurant at Club Merrylands Bowling and Sizzling Kitchen at Guildford Bowling Club will remain open for Members and guests, limited to a 100 person’s capacity.
We are continuing to monitor and assess the situation on a daily basis using advice from the Government and guidance from ClubsNSW.
Thank you for your cooperation.
CLUB PROMOTIONS FOOD CHOICE BUFFET
Bingo, Raffles, Entertainment, Club Promotions, Events TEMPORARY CLOSURE
etc... may be temporarily suspended. FROM Monday 30 March onwards
From Board of Directors & Management to
Members and Visitors of Club Merrylands Group
Posted on March 17, 2020
As a Community based organisation with close to 25,000 Members we are taking advice on COVID–19 corona virus seriously,
and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety and well being of our Staff, Members, Guests
and Visitors. Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the WHS Act 2011 and maintain our
Duty of Care to our Staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
All persons who have returned from overseas travel or have been in contact with people who have returned from overseas
are required by the government to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and are asked to self-exclude from the Club(s) premises.
• We encourage all Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors to practice good hygiene at all times.
• Staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow Team Members,
Members, Guests and Visitors.
Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
• We have communicated with staff the importance of self-isolation for 14 days when returning from overseas travels,
this is also recommended to members and guests to take the same approach.
• Advising and encouraging staff to stay home should they feel unwell
• We encourage all Members, Guests and Visitors to stay up to date via our Facebook page.
Persons who are onsite and showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the premises. Please see fact sheet.
We encourage all Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors to practice good hygiene at all times.
Merrylands Bowling Group will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
We asked for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality-based
Community Hub for all people of our Community to enjoy.
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave our premises.
If you have any questions, please seek to liaise with Management.